Date(s) - 13 Nov 2013 until 13 Nov 2013
7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
NEXTGEN ENTREPRENEURS: DIGITAL, MOBILE, WOMEN
Whether your passion is healing the world, fueling the world, feeding the world, creating new tools in a hyper-mobile world, or launching new markets for innovative materials, bringing a product to market requires talented leaders and fearless entrepreneurs, you won’t want to miss connecting with innovators and investors at AZEC13.
For the last eight years, AZEC has brought together local and global thought leaders to explore what new trends and next generation ideas are hot in the world of entrepreneurship and innovation.
This year we will learn from:
- Gloria Feldt, past national president of Planned Parent Hood and NYTimes best selling author on the topic of women in leadership.
- Pat Sullivan, Founder of ACT, Sales Logix, Jigsaw Health and now Contatta. Sullivan is the author of Wellness Piece by Piece which offers solutions for the 125 million Americans suffering from chronic health conditions.
- Scarlett Spring, MBA serves as President of VisionGate a Phoenix based diagnostic company dedicated to saving lives through early cancer detection and prevention. The Cell-CT™ is a revolutionary automated 3D cell imaging platform that generates high-resolution 3D biosignatures from intact cells. She is responsible for managing strategic initiatives, investor relations and day to day operations of VisionGate. Scarlett, a prior executive in major pharma with over two decades of national sales and marketing experience of blockbuster drugs. Before joining VisionGate, Scarlett served 2½ years as COO and Executive Vice President of Business Development for the Greater Phoenix Economic Council where she had profit and loss responsibility for a $4.9M budget and led a 27-person team. Her functions included investor relations, building collaborative relationships among the 19 member municipalities, and crafting strategies for the healthcare/biomedical industry.
- Aliza Sherman is the foremost authority on women and the Internet and on work/life technologies. Aliza is a web and social mobile pioneer whose work helped shape the early new media industry. She is an international keynote speaker, author of 10 books, and a digital marketing strategist since 1992.
- Heidi Jannenga, a leading sports physical therapist and clinic director, was trying to find simple documentation software for her outpatient therapy clinic that was web-based, affordable, and specifically for physical therapy practices. She asked her husband Brad, a veteran software developer specializing in web-based applications, to help in her search. When they couldn’t find an adequate solution on the market, they decided to build their own web-based physical therapy software. In 2008, the duo launched WebPT, and within three years, it grew into the leading physical therapy EMR system for rehab therapy clinics.
- Ben Parr is a respected technology entrepreneur, investor and journalist. He is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of #DOMINATEFUND, an early-stage venture capital firm that coaches startups on how to get attention for their products by coaching startups on press, marketing, customer and user acquisition, viral products, and how to navigate Hollywood. In addition to #DOMINATEFUND, Parr is also a Columnist & Commentator for the popular technology news site CNET, where he opines on technology and entrepreneurship.
- Lisa Stone co-founded BlogHer, Inc. in 2005 with Elisa Camahort Page and Jory Des Jardins. As CEO of the company, Lisa has charted the path from an idea for a grassroots conference to a new kind of media company reaching 92 million unique visitors monthly, that is a Top 5 lifestyle network for women 18-34 and a Top 3 food network (comScore). Lisa works across BlogHer on strategies that partner Fortune 500 brands with a new wave of content creators across premium blogs, Pinterest™, Facebook®, Twitter™ and social media , the largest U.S. events for women who blog and use social media, and an award-winning social hub at BlogHer.com.
Eighth Annual Arizona Entrepreneurship Conference:
November 13, 2013
At the New, Expanding Gangplank HQ
260 S Arizona Ave, Chandler AZ 85225
AZEC13: Where entrepreneurs gather to meet each other (yes, we don’t know each other nearly well enough), exchange ideas, share successes, and promote economic recovery the ‘old fashioned way’ through partnerships, innovation, and collaboration.
All net proceeds from AZEC13 go to fund OTEF’s work with disadvantaged entrepreneurs in our community.