Date(s) - 13 Nov 2014
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Governor’s Celebration of Innovation: Presented by Avnet, Inc.
Phoenix Convention Center, West Building, 3rd Floor
100 North 3rd St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Time: 4:00 PM TO 8:00 PM
The Governor’s Celebration of Innovation (GCOI) is the Arizona Technology Council’s (AZTC) annual awards gala in partnership with the Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) that honors technology leaders and innovators from across the state. The event attracts more than 1,000 attendees each year for a night of networking, food and entertainment. 2014 marks the 11th year of this prestigious event. For 2014, the event will consist of a theatre style before the awards program followed by specialty desserts and live music after the awards. The event will also feature the Technology Showcase of over 50 Arizona companies exhibiting. These companies consist of award finalists, sponsors and AZTC partners.
GCOI will take place at the Phoenix Convention Center’s West Building on Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
4:00 – 5:30 PM – Technology Showcase/Strolling Dinner
5:30 – 7:00 PM – Award Presentations
7:00 – 8:00 PM – After Party/Band/Networking/Dessert
OneNeck IT Solutions Lifetime Achievement Award:
Public voting for the 2014 Lifetime Achievement award has ended, the AZTC and OneNeck IT Solutions congratulate Pat Sullivan, CoFounder & CEO at Contatta, Inc., Founder of SalesLogix, CoFounder of ACT! for being the 2014 winner. Mr. Sullivan will be honored live at the event on November 13, 2014.
2014 Award Winners/Finalists:
The Individual/Company Award winners are:
– William F. McWhortor Community Service Leader of the Year: Harry George, Tucson
– Ed Denison Business Leader of the Year: Tomas Gorny, Scottsdale
– Pioneering: Infusionsoft, Chandler
– Judges Award: Society of Women Engineers – Phoenix Section
One company within each of the following award categories will be announced as the winner live on November 13th:
– Innovator of the Year – Start-Up Company: Bosse Tools, Phoenix, Arizona; Clairvoyant, LLC, Chandler, Arizona; Ebook Glue, Peoria, Arizona
– Innovator of the Year – Small Company: SynCardia Systems, Inc., Tucson, Arizona; Inilex Inc., Phoenix, Arizona; Pinnacle Transplant Technologies, LLC, Phoenix, Arizona
– Innovator of the Year – Large Company: IO, Phoenix, Arizona; Modular Mining Systems Inc., Tucson, Arizona; Securaplane Technologies, Oro Valley, Arizona
– Innovator of the Year – Academia: Arizona State University Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Scottsdale, Arizona; ASU Image Processing Applications Laboratory, Tempe, Arizona; The Hruby Peptide Group from the College of Science at the University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, “
The “Future Innovators” and “Teacher of the Year” award winners were evaluated and chosen by a selection committee independent of the Council including members of the Arizona Council of Engineering and Scientific Associations (ACESA). ACESA supports, promotes and coordinates programs and activities of the engineering and science associations within the state of Arizona through facilitated communication and leadership.
Teacher of the Year Award Winner:
– Andrew Lettes, Ph.D., Pueblo Magnet High School, Tucson, Arizona
Future Innovators of the Year Award Winners:
– Diego Aubert-Vasquez, Tucson High Magnet School, Tucson, Arizona for project: “The effects of bacteria isolated from waste water on sodium lactate microbial fuel cells”
– Rachel Done, University High School, Tucson, Arizona for project: “Expression and Purification of a Fusion Protein for Breast Cancer Drug Discovery”
– Sarah Nicole Galvin, Corona del Sol High School, Tempe, Arizona for project: “An Innovative Approach to Improve Spin Polarization in CO2FeAl0.5Si0.5 Thin Films for Spin Transport Electronics”
– Shrey Gupta, BASIS Scottsdale High School, Scottsdale, Arizona for project: “Advancing Cancer Research with an Integrated Repository and Search Engine for Gene Regulatory Networks”
Tickets for the 2014 GCOI event are currently available. Click here to purchase your tickets today!
– AZTC Member Ticket: $150
– Non-AZTC Member Ticket: $200
– Group of Ten Tickets, AZTC Member Group: $1,250
– Group of Ten Tickets, Non-AZTC Member Group: $1,750
Sponsorship packages for the 2014 GCOI event are now available. Sponsorship packages range in price from $2,500 – $25,000. Please e-mail email@example.com for 2014 sponsorship information.