Date(s) - 5 Mar 2014 until 7 Mar 2014
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Talking Stick Resort
Introducing VENTURE MADNESS !!!
Venture Madness, presented by Invest Southwest in partnership with the Arizona Commence Authority, pits 64 of the most promising startups against one another in a bracket-style, head-to-head competition. After two online elimination rounds, only 16 companies will advance to the live-demo portion of the contest held March 5-7, 2014 at Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. It’s here where these savvy sixteen will live pitch their way through the brackets before a panel of judges, who will ultimately determine which company will be crowned the 2014 Venture Madness Champion. For more information on how to be a contender or to purchase tickets, read below, and visit http://VentureMadness.com.
KEY TOURNAMENT POINTS:
- 64 TOTAL COMPANIES will Compete in the Tournament – Apply to be One of Them!! 32 of the top companies from the last two rounds of the Arizona Innovation Challenge (AIC) are being invited. The remaining 32 companies will come from our at-large application process, open to the entrepreneurial ecosystem, for which the submission window is open NOW through January 3rd. NOTE – ALL eligible companies who have participated in past AICs are encouraged to participate, even if not one of the 32 invited!
- BASIC COMPANY ELIGIBILITY:
- Companies within the innovation economy that have a proprietary nature to their business model that is unique, defensible and designed to solve an industry/market issue or “pain point.”
- A minimum of two (2) full-time employees who dedicate an average of at least 35 hours/week to the business.
- A legally formed, for-profit entity.
- Located in the Southwest region of the U.S., which includes Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Southern California and Texas.
- APPLICATION: Materials required for submission (via GUST) will be a downloaded application with one page of company profile data, and up to 3 pages of answers to business plan questions, PLUS a required 90-second pitch video of your ideas and business plan. NOTE: Applicants are not permitted to conduct an offering of securities or a general solicitation for investors in connection with the Tournament or in any communications with Tournament audiences, including online audiences (ALL applicants will need to agree to all the Terms & Conditions of the Tournament).
- HEAD-TO-HEAD COMPETITIONS: For the 64 participating companies, the first two rounds of the Tournament will be conducted online, with voting conducted by the public and select Invest Southwest judge teams. The final 16 companies will then make live pitches to judging panels, in front of live audiences, at the Conference event in March. All information submitted, including the application and video, will be open to public viewing and analysis – companies should not submit information that they do not wish to be made public.
- PRIZE MONEY: Compete for your share of at least $50,000 in prize money, split among the top four companies left standing!
- QUESTIONS? … See www.VentureMadness.com for ALL the details and conditions. But, if you still have questions, contact Karen Katzorke: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our press release in AZ Tech Beat: http://aztechbeat.com/2013/12/venture-madness-new-kind-of-startup-battle-applications-open-today/
Does your company have what it takes win Venture Madness? …. Apply Today !!!