Learn more about the Arizona Bioindustry at AZBio.TV
Arizona is one of the nation’s top emerging bioscience states, but what makes Arizona unique?
AZBio.TV has been designed to help you answer the question with video channels that highlight AZBio member companies and institutions. They tell their story better than we ever could.
Here is a sample of what you can find on AZBio.TV
Thomas M. Grogan, M.D., Founder of Ventana and SVP, Medical Affairs of Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, received the AZBio Pioneer Award for Lifetime Achievement at the 2013 AZBio Awards on October 10, 2013. Dr. Grogan was a pathologist and professor at the University of Arizona when in the mid 1980’s he and a small team set out to challenge the limitations of the then current standards and processes for cancer pathology. What was to become the company’s first digital pathology instrument evolved from Grogan’s notes on a yellow pad into the BenchMark IHC/ISH staining platforms. Under Grogan’s leadership, Ventana was founded in 1987, went public in 1996, and was acquired by Roche for $3.4 billion in 2008. Over the last 25 years, Ventana has grown to become a global leader in developing and manufacturing tissue-based diagnostic instruments and tests focused on the detection of cancer. Ventana employees continue to pursue the same deeply rooted mission of innovating diagnostic testing and enabling personalized healthcare to improve the lives of all patients afflicted with cancer worldwide. Dr. Grogan has made it his personal mission to make life better for the millions of patients who battle cancer each day. His passion and dedication are infectious and has spread across the company that he and his team built. Through their efforts they have revolutionized the field of cancer diagnostics and are pioneering new roads in the field of personalized healthcare.
To visit AZBio.TV, click here.
To view videos by topic area, click here.
Supported by AZBio – the Arizona Bioindustry Association – and designed and maintained by New Angle Media, AZBio.TV brings you functionality you won’t find on your friend’s YouTube Page.
(And we speak from experience. Check out YouTube/AZBio1 and you will see the difference.)
- Full Length videos ranging from 3 minutes to over an hour in length so you get the full story.
- Trending Topics ranging from what is happening at Arizona Universities, research institutes and companies to the full length presentations you saw (or missed) at the AZBio Expo or the AZBio Awards.
- Search capability from every page that allows you to find what you are looking for by keyword or title.
- Videos with high quality content and no annoying commercials you have to sit through first.
- As an AZBio Member, you have the opportunity to host your own Partner Channel with content that you control and can easily monitor and update. To learn about the costs of dedicated AZBio.TV Channels, click here.
- Access to a targeted life science audience when you sponsor programming on AZBio.TV.
To learn more… send us a note by clicking here.
FAQ’s on AZBio.TV
How can I get my video on AZBio.TV?
AZBio.TV videos are produced by AZBio or shared with us by AZBio Members to share with you. AZBio.TV does not host content from non-members.
- To see if your company is a member of AZBio, visit our Member Directory.
- To learn about AZBio Membership, click here.
- To join AZBio, click here.
AZBio Members are welcome to submit videos for consideration of the AZBio.TV editors at AdvancingBio@AZBio.org. You may send your video via a YouTube® or Vimeo® link or contact us for download information. Videos submitted will be reviewed for content and quality. The AZBio.TV editorial team will review your video and advise if it has been selected for distribution via AZBio.TV.
Can I submit videos I “like” but did not create?
Yes and no. Videos have copyrights just like books or other works of art. If you have written permission to use the work of another individual or organization and they have granted rights to AZBio and AZBio.TV, your video will be reviewed by the editorial team. Examples of third party videos include: re-broadcast of television stories, content from traditional news outlets or social media, company video productions (other than from your own company.)
Who can Sponsor AZBio.TV?
AZBio is able to provide the educational content on AZBio.TV through the generous support of our sponsors.
To learn more about sponsoring AZBio.TV, send us a note by clicking here.