Date(s) - 9 Aug 2012
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
On August 9th, 2012, the Arizona District Export Council in partnership with Federal Express and the US Department of Commerce is hosting a training event designed to help your company or organization succeed in increasing sales to Mexico. In this session, participants will be lead through the detailed process of exporting to Mexico. Mexico, just a short drive away from Metro Phoenix, offers amazing potential for Arizona manufacturers, suppliers and service providers. While geographically close, Mexico still presents a challenge for many U.S. companies that struggle to understand cultural differences in business, the processes of a business transaction within Mexico, identification of decision makers, legal issues, documentation and security concerns. This training will provide detailed answers to your questions on doing business in Mexico. Afterwards, FedEx will provide a complimentary networking reception over lunch.
This session will include the following topics:
• Federal and State Resources – Assisting your organization to succeed in international markets.
• Security Issues and Visas – The true picture of border security, which visas you need and associated costs.
• International Sales and Marketing – Strategies for effective selling in Mexico, lessons learned, setting the appropriate timeline, negotiation, distribution considerations in Mexico.
• International Trade Finance – Financing options in Mexico, EXIM, SBA, expectations for payment terms letters of credit, working with Mexican Banks.
• Documentation – NAFTA documents, carnets, maquila considerations, required forms and common errors.
• International Logistics – The process for goods at the border, common errors, transportation and sales strategy.
• The Culture of Business in Mexico – Forming long-lasting relationships with your Mexican partners and buyers is of critical importance to your profitability.
DATE: August 9th, 2012 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM (With breakfast and lunch provided)
PLACE: ASU SkySong, Room 201
1475 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85257
COST: $49.00 per person